Monday, September 22, 2014

This week Gladys was confirmed. Lots of good things happened, but many things didn't go quite so well. There's always room to improve. It's a miracle that people as weak as us can bring such change in the lives of people. But frequently it comes after a lot of work and disappointment.

Yesterday I think a friend of Gabriela got offended by a misunderstanding. I think she thought that we got offended when we were talking with her, and then misinterpreted a phone call to Judith thinking that we were saying negative things.

It pains me how much people reject the Book of Mormon. The invitation to "search, ponder and pray" is so simple and natural, yet of those who don't reject the book completely, few are willing to read it, and even fewer actually do end up reading, pondering and praying. But I have yet to meet someone who has followed the promise in Moroni 10:3-5, and has not received an answer. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Every time I follow this promise, my testimony deepens its roots and produces fruit, and the fruit is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment