Monday, March 16, 2015

This will be my last letter from a proselyting area. It's hard to think that it's coming to a close. Despite the difficulties in these last few weeks, there is nothing I'd rather do. There is no greater work, and I don't think I will every be able to repay my Father in Heaven for the things that He has shown me and given me.

This week we found an investigator, Jorge, who many years ago when he was 7 was taken to Church each week by his neighbor, but when he turned 8, his mom cut him off from the Church so he would not be baptized. He's extremely receptive.

I sprained my wrist this week and today in the morning we played dodge ball as a zone and I sprained my thumb. It's swollen, and Elder Goyeneche broke the fridge which has the freezer inside, so we don't have ice. This should be fun.

Today we went to the German Hospital because a recent convert who is the daughter of a member from Brazil was still having problems. She was taking anticoagulants and lots of other medications to prevent excessive pressure on her brain. About two weeks ago she started having lots of problems, and she lost consciousness a few days ago. She was on a breathing machine, and now they've decided that she's gone. We were there in the hospital, 4 elders and 4 sister missionaries, when the doctors came, did the study, and gave the results. We broke the rules and hugged Sis. Carvalhaes because she was in such great need.

I feel often as though we have been set apart to bear a perspective that is very different from the world. I feel sorrow for the parting of Suhene, "but there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ." I have no doubt of this. I have come to know and feel it as if I had seen it myself.

"And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things." For "He comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth; Which truth shineth. ... And the light which shineth, which giveth you light is thorugh him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings; ... the day shall come when you shall comprehend even God, being quickened in him and by him. Then shall ye know that ye have seen me, that I am, and that I am the true light that is in you, and that you are in me; otherwise ye could not abound." As I have strived to keep my "eye single to the glory of God," I have been blessed with a greater comprehension of Our Father in Heaven and His Son. I know better why it is that They love us and have gone at such infinite lengths to bring us back home. It is my prayer that I never take off my name tag, that from now and into the eternities I will continue to bear His name and help others to "come unto the fountain of all righteousness and be saved." It is my prayer that we may all come to be filled with his love, "that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is;"

I know that Jesus is the Christ, the very Son of God. I know He came to redeem all mankind, doing the will of the Father, that we might repent and come unto Him. His Church and His Priesthood have been restored for the last time, to prepare the Earth for His coming. I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment