Monday, November 24, 2014

This week I hurt my leg and I had to rest it for about two and a half days. I don't know what happened, but it was all inflamed and hot, and difficult to walk. It probably happened playing soccer on Tuesday. It was really annoying because I wanted to get to know the area, but we couldn't do anything.

A friend of a member named Julio showed up on Sunday. We thought he was from the other Elders' area. They said that during one of the meetings he started crying. Later, his friend, Hno. Arvelo who we live with said that his dad recently passed away.

When Elder Christofferson came a few weeks ago, something he said really stuck with me. He said that he thought for a long time that Christ would come when the wickedness of the world had reached a certain point. He said that his wife corrected him and said that the thing missing for His second coming is a prepared people. It made me think of how the duty of the Twelve, and by extension members and missionaries in their respective responsibilities, is to bring the Gospel to the ends of the Earth and to build the Kingdom of God on the Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment