Friday, May 10, 2013 - Week 5 (MTC)

What's the difference between a cat an a semicolon? One has claws at the end of its paws and the other has pause at the end of its clause.

I got sick Monday night. I slept through most of Tuesday and Wednesday, and now I'm over it. I would have just pushed through, but Bro. Parke brought up that the MTC prefers sick people to stay in the Residence to keep people from getting sick since there are so many people and great potential to spread. Sleeping when you're sick actually works :P.

I hosted on Wednesday. I said when I dropped them off in their class "If you have any further concerns: D&C 6:36" [Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.] and wrote it on their yellow envelope. Our neuralizers were issued yesterday. We'll be trained on how to use them to prevent failed lessons next week.

Something is wrong with my foot. I'm going into the health clinic today.

During a devotional, the speaker was asking a group of people one by one what they gave up to go on a mission. One said "I left my girl." to which he responded "On behalf of all the returned missionaries, we thank you for your donation."

I'm training everyone in the Zone to lead music, select hymns, etc. by district in workshops and it's a lot of work.
Thank Grandma for the cookies. Everything they've sent I've been sharing with the zone because I simply can't eat it all. "Sorrow shared is half sorrow. Joy shared is twice joy." -Swedish proverb.

"Demeaning others demeans us." -Sis. Hacking

"Reverence is needed for revelation. Reverence towards God means reverence to prophets, scripture, and revelation. Reverence requires action through scripture study, and making righteous decisions. Irreverence is the will of the adversary. Irreverence shows that we don't see a difference between the Holy and the profane. Inspiration comes more easily in quiet, reverent environments." -Pres. Hacking

"The Lord has called you to succeed, not to fail. He inspired your call. He will not abandon you." -Elder Scott

"Stay close to our Rescuer." -Pres. Nally

-E. Damitz

No comments:

Post a Comment